What's New at Marshall Elementary
Join us on May 31st at 2:00 pm
There will be a short presentation of Student Portfolios, American Legion Awards, and Recognition Certificates. Parents and grandparents of Marshall 5th graders are welcome.
To better inform our families about schedule changes, the Dubuque Community School District will begin offering text messaging for weather-related and emergency alerts from the district. The service is offered through School Messenger, the system the district currently uses for mass email messages and automated phone calls.
HERE’S HOW TO BE SURE YOU RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES:
- On TUESDAY, FEB. 21, between approximately 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. all phone numbers on file for families and staff will receive a text message asking them to opt in.
- If your phone has SMS or text messaging capability, you will receive the initial message.
- When you receive this text, REPLY “Yes” or “Y” to confirm that you’d like to continue receiving text messages.
- That’s it! You will then receive text messages for weather and emergency alerts.
- You can opt out of these text messages at any time by replying to one of our messages with “Stop”.
PLEASE NOTE: The district will only use text messages for weather-related or emergency purposes, not for general district information. Subscribers are responsible for any applicable text messaging charges from their carrier.
Registration for 2017-2018 free four-year-old preschool in the Dubuque Community School District will begin on Monday, Feb. 6. This includes Dubuque’s 13 public schools offering preschool through the Statewide Voluntary Free Preschool Program.
Parents and guardians may register students in person at the selected site, beginning when that site’s office opens on February 6. Proof-of-age, preferably a birth certificate, is required to register a student. A passport or signed immunization record will be accepted if necessary. Initial paperwork can be found online at www.dbqschools.org/preschool.